YOUR PERSONAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANT
Passbrook provides a holistic view of your expenses, assets, and liabilities by collecting and organizing information spread across multiple bank accounts, emails, and files. Powered by this information and our algorithms, we help you with consolidated and timely bill payments, investment decisions, and setting and achieving financial goals. Here's a quick overview of our key features:
Collect and organize your finances: From emails, bank accounts, SMS, and manual upload. Keep track of your spending, outstanding loans, and investments
Consolidated bill payments: Pay one bill that takes care of several bills such as mobile and utilities. We are constantly adding more billers and categories. Get payment reminders for the ones we don't have on our platform
Goals: Set realistic budgets and savings & investment goals. Get timely alerts if you are about to overshoot your budget or fall-short on your targets
Invest: Analyze dozens of Mutual Funds and stocks. Soon you will be able to invest directly from our platform
Save money: Get the best offers from the brands you like as well as organize promotions you receive via SMS and email. No more hit and trial, we make sure these offers are always valid.
Privacy: Privacy is one of our core values and we take it very seriously. We have built controls so that you are in-charge of your data - you decide what we can access and how that data is used.
We are constantly making our platform more powerful. And we would love your suggestions and feedback, just drop us a line or drop by. We always share a pizza and a beer with our visitors. We are nice like that :)
We would love to talk to you. Get in touch with us at:
We are hiring, check out our job page at:
Last modified: July 22, 2016
There are many different ways you can use our services – to store bills, to share with other people, to get offers, to analyze your expenses or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Passbrook Account, we can make those services even better – to show you better offers and deals, to help you to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
What information we collect and why we collect it.
How we use that information.
The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Passbrook so whether you are new to Passbrook or a longtime user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which Stores you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Passbrook Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Passbrook Profile, which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when get bills from a vendor, visit a business/website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Passbrook may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Passbrook Account.
When you use our services or view content provided by Passbrook, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
telephony log information like your phone number, calling party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
Internet protocol address.
device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Passbrook Account.
When you use Passbrook services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Passbrook with information on nearby devices, WiFi access points and cell towers.
Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Passbrook when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Passbrook service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Passbrook features that may appear on other sites. Our Passbrook Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their stores, websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, Passbrook Analytics information is linked, by the Passbrook Analytics customer or by Passbrook, using Passbrook technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Passbrook, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Passbrook Account. When information is associated with your Passbrook Account, we treat it as personal information. For more information about how you can access, manage or delete information that is associated with your Passbrook Account, visit the Transparency and choice section of this policy.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Passbrook and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant ads and offers.
We may use the name you provide for your Passbrook Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Passbrook Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Passbrook Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Passbrook Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Passbrook Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Passbrook or on third party applications connected to your Passbrook Account in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Passbrook Account.
When you contact Passbrook, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is Passbrook Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as tailored advertising.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Passbrook services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know. Depending on your account settings, your activity on other sites and apps may be associated with your personal information in order to improve Passbrook’s services and the ads delivered by Passbrook.
Passbrook processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
• Review and update your Passbrook activity controls to decide what types of data, you would like saved with your account when you use Passbrook services.
• Review and control certain types of information tied to your Passbrook Account by using Passbrook Dashboard. View and edit your preferences about the Passbrook ads shown to you on Passbrook and across the web, such as which categories might interest you.
• You can also opt out of certain Passbrook advertising services.
• Adjust how the Profile associated with your Passbrook Account appears to others.
• Control who you share information with through your Passbrook Account.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google, Yahoo, etc.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Passbrook unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Passbrook when we have your consent to do so. We require optin consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators
If your Passbrook Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Passbrook for Business users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Passbrook Account information (including your Bills and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
• view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding your business expenses.
• change your account password.
• suspend or terminate your account access.
• access or retain information stored as part of your account.
• receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Passbrook if we have a goodfaith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
• meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
• detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Passbrook, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share nonpersonally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like vendors, businesses, publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Passbrook and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Passbrook employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Passbrook Terms of Service
Last modified: July 22, 2016
Welcome to Passbrook!
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Passbrook Private Limited (“Passbrook”).
By using or accessing the Passbrook Services, you agree to this Terms of Service, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 11 below.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this Terms of Service, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law.
Our Services display some content that is not Passbrook’s. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. But that does not necessarily mean that we review content, so please don’t assume that we do.
You may need a Passbrook Account in order to use some of our Services. You may create your own Passbrook Account, or your Passbrook Account may be assigned to you by an administrator, such as your employer or educational institution. If you are using a Passbrook Account assigned to you by an administrator, different or additional terms may apply and your administrator may be able to access or disable your account. To protect your Passbrook Account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Passbrook Account. Try not to reuse your Passbrook Account password on third-party applications. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or Passbrook Account please change your password immediately.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
Some of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
1. When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Passbrook (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Passbrook). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
2. Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, etc. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
3. If you have a Passbrook account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Passbrook or on third-party applications connected to your Passbrook Account in our Services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Passbrook Account.
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Passbrook, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Passbrook safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Passbrook safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Passbrook, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
2. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Passbrook.
3. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
4. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
5. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
6. You will not use Passbrook to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
7. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Passbrook, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Passbrook functionality.
8. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Passbrook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Passbrook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use Passbrook if you are under 13.
5. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
6. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
7. You will not transfer your personal account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
8. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Passbrook within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Passbrook.
If you make a payment on Passbrook, you agree to our Payment Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Passbrook
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
If you use our self-service advertising creation interfaces for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the “Self-Serve Ad Interfaces”), you agree to our Self-Serve Ad Terms. In addition, your advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content placed on Passbrook or our publisher network will comply with our Advertising Policies.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
10. Modifying and Terminating our Services
1. We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
2. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. Passbrook may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
1. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
2. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
3. Your continued use of the Passbrook Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
4. If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Terms of Service, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Passbrook to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Terms of Service shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2-5,7, and 12-16.
13. Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
1. OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER PASSBROOK NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
2. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION RETREIVED FROM THE EMAILS, OCR AND OTHER SUCH PLACES.
14. Liability for our Services
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, PASSBROOK, AND PASSBROOK’S SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF PASSBROOK, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
WE TRY TO KEEP PASSBROOK UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING PASSBROOK AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT PASSBROOK WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT PASSBROOK WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. PASSBROOK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR PASSBROOK, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR PASSBROOK WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (INR. 5,000/-) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, PASSBROOK'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
15. Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify Passbrook and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
1. This Terms of Service is an agreement between you and Passbrook Private Limited, India.
2. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Passbrook, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10.We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Passbrook.